Friday 22 February 2019

Whats been happening in the news this week ...

Great white sharks .
Image result for great white sharks
This Is One Off The biggest great white sharks ever photographed. It is not attacking the people because it is pregnant and it is not hungry . 

It is the biggest great white shark on camera and it is 6.1 m 20 ft in length and 1,905 kg 4,200 lb in weight at maturity.

It Was found and photographed in New Brunswick.
Image result for great white sharks

Great White sharks can swim up to 56 km/h in Speed and can swim as low as around 900 m. I think that that's pretty cool don't you!

When Great White Sharks Are still babies they eat smaller foods like fish and rays but as they grow older they feed on marine mammals such as sea lions, seals and even small whales.

The Great white is at the top of the food chain and has very few threats in the ocean. Only orca and larger sharks can pose a risk .

So I hope you learnt something today reading my blog post about great white sharks .

Image result for facts about great white sharks




1 comment:

  1. Hi Caysey,I found this article very interesting as I had no idea that Great White Sharks grew quite so big. What are your thoughts on the diver swimming so close to such a dangerous creature? I know I definitely would not go diving next to a shark even if I did think it wasn't hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.